“The Gulfport Multipurpose Senior Center Foundation, Inc. is a registered 501(c)3 charitable non-profit organization that exists to raise and distribute funds that support and enhance the recreational, educational, social and health related programs and services of The Gulfport Multipurpose Senior Center.
The Foundation’s primary mission is to aid, assist and enhance the services, programs and activities offered by Gulfport’s Nationally Accredited Senior Center, one of only a handful of so designated in the State of Florida.”
What the Foundation Does
- Partners with the City of Gulfport that provides primarily administrative staff and facility maintenance to help maximize the independence and improve quality of life for over 2000 registered Senior Center participants.
- The Gulfport Multipurpose Senior Center Foundation, Inc. is registered in the State of Florida as a non-profit 501 (c) 3 charitable organization established in 2003 – it is directed and served by an all-volunteer board.
- Maintains the fully equipped Foundation Fitness Center — Shapemaster chair exercise machines, treadmills and recumbent bicycle, purchased through the Foundation.
- Supports lifelong learning courses, recreational, social and health related programs already in progress and creates new programs.
- Provides scholarships for senior transportation services.
- Engages in community outreach and awareness to enhance Senior Center programs and services.