GEMS – Gulfport Extended Mini Bus Service
GEMS, the Gulfport Extended Mini-Bus Service, provides safe, courteous, clean, reliable, and effective on-time service to the elderly and disabled residents of Gulfport. The GEMS system is designed to provide transportation to Gulfport residents 55 years and older and disabled residents that are not able to use conventional modes of transportation.
Where GEMS goes:
Anywhere within our service area which is:
38th Avenue North to 34th Avenue South and from Downtown St. Pete to the Intercoastal Waterway.
Types of Service Trips:
Medical, social service, work related trips as well as shopping, dining and entertainment trips.
Service area is subject to change.
Days and Times:
Monday – Friday
Office Hours: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Service Hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
$65.00 – Annual Membership Fee
$2.00 – Per One-way Trip Fee
Trips to the Gulfport Multi-purpose Senior Center are FREE!
Correct fare is necessary when boarding the vehicle.
Limited scholarships are available with proper verification for low income residents.
Regularly Scheduled Trips:
- 1st & 3rd Tuesday of month: Bay Pines VA Hospital & Medical Center, Wal-Mart Super Center, Target, Kohls Shopping
- 2nd Tuesday of month: Trader Joe’s, Fresh Market Shopping
- 4th Tuesday of month: Northside Hospital & Medical Centers
How to Schedule: Call: (727) 893-2242
- Trip reservations are taken on a first call, first serve basis.
- Be ready 15 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time.
- Reservations may be made 10 working days before the desired travel date, but no later than 12:00 pm the day before your trip.
- Dispatchers are available to make your reservations Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- In order to accommodate as many riders as possible, pick-up times will be negotiated up to 15 minutes before or after the requested pick-up time.
- Cancellations MUST be made at least 2 hours prior to a scheduled pick-up time.
- Schedules may be affected by weather, road conditions, or other rider circumstances.
- When scheduling, be prepared to provide:
- Your Name
- Pick-up Address
- Date & Time of Travel
- Address of Destination